Erectile Dysfunction Counselling in Wolverhampton
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is the “medicalised” term for what was more commonly known as impotence in past years.
It is a Sexual problem in which men find it difficult to achieve or sustain an erection in order to have sex.
It is an extremely common problem and can affect both young and older men.
Erectile Dysfunction can have a deeply psychological impact for the sufferer often leading to feelings of inadequacy and the production of very low self-esteem.
What can cause Erectile Dysfunction?
The causes of Erectile Dysfunction are known to include both physical and psychological problems.
Physical causes can include such problems as diabetes, high blood pressure due to stress at home or work, heart disease, alcohol abuse or other serious illnesses such as cancer.
Can Erectile Dysfunction be treated?
For lots of Men, Erectile Dysfunction issues can simply disappear over time, but if left “untreated” the problem can become something more deeply “embedded”.
It is important to rule out any potential PHYSIOLOGICAL causes and in the first instance you should consider seeking the advice of your GP who should be able to determine if it is due to a medical problem, in which case it can usually be treated with the appropriate drug.
On the other hand, If it turns out that the problem is psychological then we can almost certainly help you using one of our interventions which you can read more about below.
We understand that it can be difficult to talk about this problem, so please be assured that your conversation with us will be private and confidential.
Can I Help Myself to Overcome Erectile Dysfunction?
There are certainly a number of things that you can do to reduce the occurrence of Erectile Dysfunction, most of which are related to your life-style:
- Consider Stopping Smoking – Research shows that the chemicals in Cigarettes can affect the blood supply which supply the Penis making is physically more difficult to get an erection
- Make improvements to your diet or lose weight – The healthier your diet, the healthier your body and the healthier will be your sexual life. Try to ensure that your food includes all the essential components of Vegetables and Proteins.
- Take more exercise & reduce your stress levels – Become more active, get fit and you will find that not only does your general level of stress reduce, but your heart will become healthier leading naturally to better erections.
- De-stress – Anxiety and stress caused by pressure at work, money problems or poor sleep can all have an impact on your performance.
- Cut your Alcohol intake – If your are drinking more than 3 units per day you ability to have an erection will almost certainly be adversely affected. “Dutch Courage” will definitely not help you in the bedroom department. Alcohol Abuse & Drinking Problems will almost certainly directly impact on your sex life.
Types of Therapy available for Erectile Dysfunction
We offer Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & the Changing Limiting Beliefs Programme for Erectile Dysfunction – choosing the right type of therapy for Erectile Dysfunction probably has more to do with you and your personality type rather than which form of therapy is more effective, so if you are in any doubt you can always arrange to come along for one of our Confidential initial assessments and we will advise you based on which therapy we think is most suited to YOU.
Please contact Paul for all enquiries regarding erectile dysfunction.
[fusion_separator style_type=”double solid” top_margin=”0″ bottom_margin=”80″ sep_color=”” icon=”fa-chevron-down” width=”” class=”” id=””/]
[fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_tagline_box backgroundcolor=”” shadow=”yes” shadowopacity=”0.3″ border=”1px” bordercolor=”” highlightposition=”top” content_alignment=”left” link=”http://www.wolverhamptonhypnotherapy.co.uk/initial-assessment.html” linktarget=”_self” modal=”” button_size=”” button_shape=”” button_type=”” buttoncolor=”” button=”Arrange Initial Assessment” title=”Initial Assessment Sessions” description=”To arrange your initial assessment for Erectile Dysfunction please click this button.” animation_type=”slide” animation_direction=”right” animation_speed=”0.9″ class=”” id=””][/fusion_tagline_box][/fusion_builder_column]